In the second post in this series, I walk through the process of inventorying an existing email marketing system in preparation for a move to a marketing automation system. We’ll discuss what to do with the different components, how to find a Google Tag Manager code, and what to do with dead, bounced, or unsubscribed emails.
Can’t see anything? Click here for the YouTube video.
In our migration map, we’re in the dark blue section:
In the next episode, we start configuring the marketing automation software itself.
Marketing Automation Migration Series
- Part 1: Introduction and why I'm changing systems
- Part 2: Inventory and backup existing systems
- Part 3: Setting up Amazon SES
- Part 4: Migrating lists and forms
- Part 5: Tagging and tracking
- Part 6: Templates and triggers
- Part 7: Testing and debugging
- Part 8: Migration
You might also enjoy:
- Retiring Old Email Marketing Strategies
- You Ask, I Answer: Google Tag Manager and Google Analytics Integration?
- How To Set Your Consulting Billing Rates and Fees
- Best Practices for Public Speaking Pages
- Understand the Meaning of Metrics
Want to read more like this from Christopher Penn? Get updates here:
Get your copy of AI For Marketers