I’ve just returned from Social Media Marketing World with a list of things we social media marketers should be doing better. Here’s a summary in about 7 minutes:
Social media marketers face four major obstacles to their success:
- Failing to create audience-centric messaging.
- Failing to create and give value first.
- Failing to measure what matters.
- Failing to focus on what’s practical and applicable.
Most of all, we have forgotten the basics. We have forgotten how to execute the basics of social media, and we’re seeing the performance penalty for those lack of basics. Get back on track by fixing the four failures above. These are my key takeaways from speaking with dozens of marketers at Social Media Marketing World.
You might also enjoy:
- Best Practices for Public Speaking Pages
- Understand the Meaning of Metrics
- How to Set Your Public Speaking Fee
- It's Okay to Not Be Okay Right Now
- What Is The Difference Between Analysis and Insight?
Want to read more like this from Christopher Penn? Get updates here:
Get your copy of AI For Marketers