One of the most valuable people to visit our website is the returning visitor. This is the person who’s already aware of us, who’s already been to our website. However, not all returning visitors are the same. Some are much higher value than others – visitors who have been to specific pages on our site.
In this video tutorial, learn how to set up returning visitors tracking for specific pages using Google Analytics™, then do some basic analysis of where those visitors come from, and how to prepare to advertise to those visitors.
What You’ll Learn About Tracking Returning Visitors
- Goals already set
- Goal values already set
- Google Analytics working properly
- We have places on our site where we know high value people go
- We want them back again!
- Returning visitors don’t need to be sold on our value
- Efficiency in advertising
- Remarketing is the highest ROI in digital advertising
- Google Analytics Audiences
- Google Analytics Custom Segments
- Google AdWords
- Define the audience
- Create a segment
- Match settings!
- Run some analysis
- Path analysis is helpful
- Run some ads
You might also enjoy:
- How to Set Your Public Speaking Fee
- Transforming People, Process, and Technology, Part 1
- Best Practices for Public Speaking Pages
- How To Start Your Public Speaking Career
- Almost Timely: The 2020 Essays
Want to read more like this from Christopher Penn? Get updates here:
Get your copy of AI For Marketers