Almost Timely News: Free Book Inside (2022-12-18) :: View in Browser
Watch This Newsletter On YouTube 📺
What’s On My Mind: Free Book Inside
This is the final newsletter of 2022, as the next two publishing dates fall on Christmas Day and New Year’s Day, and let’s face it, neither you nor I want to be reading email newsletters on those days if we can possibly help it.
So let’s close out of 2022 with a bang. First, I’ve got a gift for you. I took all the letter parts of every Almost Timely newsletter for this year and put them together as a book. To my great surprise, it weighed in at almost 50,000 words, which is the average length of a business book these days.
However, instead of the usual price or filling out a form, I’m just giving it away, no strings attached. You can download it here in three formats, no registration or anything needed:
Please share it far and wide with anyone you want. You can share this newsletter post or the download file links themselves. All I ask is that they be shared as is, meaning no derivative works made from them.
Be sure to pay attention to the warnings in the introduction.
I didn’t expect to write the equivalent of another book with these newsletters, but here we are. It turns out when you start making video from your content, your content gets much longer. And I think that’s a useful lesson to all of us. In our ongoing quest to make more stuff, we don’t often pause to look back at what we’ve done and see the body of work we’ve made. How much content did you create this year, if you were to sum it all up?
Think about it for a moment. The average person speaks at approximately 120-150 words per minute. If you recorded 10 podcasts of 30 minutes each this year, you’ve “written” 45,000 words. Even if two thirds of that were nonsense, that’s still 15,000 words.
And that’s public content. How much content do you create privately that doesn’t contain confidential information? What if you could capture that content and reuse it? You’ve probably written three or four books this year, easily. Possibly more depending on how much you have to explain to coworkers and customers throughout the year, or how much you talk to others about topics you really care about.
Take note any time you’re asked to produce some content of what it is you’re producing, and then collect it. Store it in some kind of system, and near the end of the year, review what you’ve created all year long. There might be enough to make a book just like this, and then you’ve got something useful you can share with your community.
How do you write a book? One week at a time.
I wish you a safe, happy, and healthy holiday season and a wonderful 2023. See you next year.
Got a Question? Hit Reply
I do actually read the replies.
Share With a Friend or Colleague
If you enjoy this newsletter and want to share it with a friend/colleague, please do. Send this URL to your friend/colleague:
The 12 Days of Data
Every year, I put together the 12 Days of Data, a look back at the year that was. We’re underway now, so keep checking in each day in December for what’s new!
- 12 Days of Data 2022 Day 1: Private Social Media Networks
- 12 Days of Data 2022 Day 2: Instagram for Brands
- 12 Days of Data 2022 Day 3: Instagram for Influencers
- 12 Days of Data 2022 Day 4: Content Republishing
- 12 Days of Data 2022 Day 5: Top News of 2022
- 12 Days of Data 2022 Day 6: Press Release Statistics
- 12 Days of Data 2022 Day 7: Most (Over)used Words in Press Releases
- 12 Days of Data 2022 Day 8: Engagement on TikTok
- 12 Days of Data 2022 Day 9: Recession Economic Indicators
- 12 Days of Data 2022 Day 10: Content Creator Monetization Platforms
- 12 Days of Data 2022 Day 11: Social Media Barometer
- 12 Days of Data 2022 Day 12: Top Songs on Spotify Playlists
Skill Up With Classes
These are just a few of the classes I have available over at the Trust Insights website that you can take.
- Empower Your Marketing With Private Social Media Communities
- Exploratory Data Analysis: The Missing Ingredient for AI
- How AI is Changing Marketing, 2022 Edition
- How to Prove Social Media ROI
- Proving Social Media ROI
- Paradise by the Analytics Dashboard Light: How to Create Impactful Dashboards and Reports
Get Back to Work
Folks who post jobs in the free Analytics for Marketers Slack community may have those jobs shared here, too. If you’re looking for work, check out these five most recent open positions, and check out the Slack group for the comprehensive list.
- Data Engineer Manager at Sogema
- Director Of Growth Marketing at McGaw
- Director Of Lifecycle Marketing at Petlab
- Director Of Marketing at Frequency
- Director Of Product Marketing at PTW
- Senior Content Marketing Manager at Maltego
- Sr. Technical Marketing Analyst at Fjuri
Advertisement: 2023 Marketing Planning Guide
Are you looking for a way to move important campaigns out of weeks when people won’t be around? Look no further than TrustInsights.ai’s new edition of The Data-Driven Marketer’s Essential Planning Guide for 2023. This quarter-by-quarter, week-by-week planning guide will help you build your 2023 marketing calendar around when people are in the office or not, based on rating each week whether that’s a good week for a big campaign, neutral week, or bad week.
So whether you’re looking to add budget or resources to weeks when people will be around and paying attention, or simply want to move important campaigns out of weeks where they won’t be effective, The Data-Driven Marketer’s Essential Planning Guide is perfect for you. Don’t miss your chance to get it free for a limited time!
What I’m Reading: Your Stuff
Let’s look at the most interesting content from around the web on topics you care about, some of which you might have even written.
Social Media Marketing
- How to Set Up a Timesaving Social Media Workflow via Agorapulse
- Expert Predictions for the Future of Social Media via Sprout Social
- Twitter’s Elon Musk is warned to prepare for mass arbitration via Los Angeles Times
Media and Content
- Using ChatGPT Artificial Intelligence to Write About Writers Block
- How to Assess Your Content Maturity (Plus Maturity Map Template)
- High-performing companies view ESG as value creator: 9 out of 10 execs say it delivers ROI via Agility PR Solutions
SEO, Google, and Paid Media
- The enterprise business of SEO: Communicating to the C-suite
- How Can Voice Search Benefit Your SEO?
- 2023, the year of SEO: why brands are leaning in and how to prepare
Advertisement: Google Analytics 4 for Marketers
Are you looking to get up to speed with Google Analytics 4? Look no further than the Trust Insights Google Analytics 4 For Marketers Course! This comprehensive training solution is designed for marketers specifically, with more than 5 hours of content across 17 lessons, plus templates, spreadsheets, transcripts, and certificates of completion.
With this course, you’ll learn how Google Tag Manager and Google Data Studio form the essential companion pieces to Google Analytics 4, how to use them all together, how to determine if a migration was done correctly, and how to rearrange Google Analytics 4’s menus to be more sensible. So don’t hesitate – master Google Analytics 4 in ways no other course can teach you with the Trust Insights Google Analytics 4 For Marketers Course today!
Tools, Machine Learning, and AI
- Machine Learning with Limited Data via Analytics Vidhya
- Call Center Modernization with AI via Journey to AI Blog
- Google wont launch ChatGPT rival because of reputational risk via The Verge
Analytics, Stats, and Data Science
- Big Data Analytics in eLearning: Aspects Everyone Should Know
- Use digital transformation to seize market share while others go on the defensive via VentureBeat
- Touching the 3rd Rail of Data Science: R or Python? via R-bloggers
All Things IBM
- Call Center Modernization with AI via Journey to AI Blog
- How data, AI and automation can transform the enterprise
- Do you need coding skills to build a chatbot? via Journey to AI Blog
Dealer’s Choice : Random Stuff
- Apple’s Emergency SOS via satellite prompts rescue after car goes off a cliff north of LA | TechCrunch
- Can’t Get an iPhone 14 Pro? Here’s Why You Should Wait for the iPhone 15 Ultra – MacRumors
- (2) Terry Crews Hallucinates While Eating Spicy Wings | Hot Ones – YouTube
Advertisement: Ukraine 🇺🇦 Humanitarian Fund
Are you looking for a way to make a real difference in the world? Then join us in supporting Ukraine in their fight against the Russian invasion. Your donations will help the people of Ukraine rebuild their infrastructure, provide medical care for those in need, and restore electricity and running water to their homes.
Your generosity will be an invaluable source of aid to the people of Ukraine during this difficult time. With your help, we can make sure the people of Ukraine have access to the basic necessities of life, even in the face of adversity.
Help us show the world that Ukraine can survive – donate today and give Ukraine the support it needs to resist the Russian invasion.
How to Stay in Touch
Let’s make sure we’re connected in the places it suits you best. Here’s where you can find different content:
- My blog – daily videos, blog posts, and podcast episodes
- My YouTube channel – daily videos, conference talks, and all things video
- My company, Trust Insights – marketing analytics help
- My podcast, Marketing over Coffee – weekly episodes of what’s worth noting in marketing
- My second podcast, In-Ear Insights – the Trust Insights weekly podcast focused on data and analytics
- On Twitter – multiple daily updates of marketing news
- On LinkedIn – daily videos and news
- On Instagram – personal photos and travels
- My free Slack discussion forum, Analytics for Marketers – open conversations about marketing and analytics
Events with links have purchased sponsorships in this newsletter and as a result, I receive direct financial compensation for promoting them.
Advertisements in this newsletter have paid to be promoted, and as a result, I receive direct financial compensation for promoting them.
My company, Trust Insights, maintains business partnerships with companies including, but not limited to, IBM, Cisco Systems, Amazon, Talkwalker, MarketingProfs, MarketMuse, Agorapulse, Hubspot, Informa, Demandbase, The Marketing AI Institute, GoCharlie.ai and others. While links shared from partners are not explicit endorsements, nor do they directly financially benefit Trust Insights, a commercial relationship exists for which Trust Insights may receive indirect financial benefit, and thus I may receive indirect financial benefit from them as well.
Thanks for subscribing and reading this far. I appreciate it. As always, thank you for your support, your attention, and your kindness.
See you next week,
Christopher S. Penn
You might also enjoy:
- It's Okay to Not Be Okay Right Now
- How To Start Your Public Speaking Career
- Retiring Old Email Marketing Strategies
- You Ask, I Answer: Google Tag Manager and Google Analytics Integration?
- Transformer les personnes, les processus et la technologie - Christopher S. Penn - Conférencier principal sur la science des données marketing
Want to read more like this from Christopher Penn? Get updates here:
Get your copy of AI For Marketers