Courtney asks, “How many web sessions (or users) would you need to send to a website for the results to be significant?”
At first, I thought this question was about A/B testing, which has a whole range of statistics for it. But Courtney is actually asking about how many visitors you need for web analytics to be useful in general. There are two components here – first, what is your website’s obtainable market, and second, how much time are we talking about? Web analytics data gets more representative of your obtainable market as your marketing gets better.
Can’t see anything? Watch it on YouTube here.
Listen to the audio here:
- Got a question for You Ask, I’ll Answer? Submit it here!
- Subscribe to my weekly newsletter for more useful marketing tips.
- Find older episodes of You Ask, I Answer on my YouTube channel.
- Need help with your company’s data and analytics? Let me know!
- Join my free Slack group for marketers interested in analytics!
What follows is an AI-generated transcript. The transcript may contain errors and is not a substitute for watching the video.