Peter asks, “What do you recommend for content marketing management software, especially for a B2B company?”
Great question, and a very common one. Content marketing management needs to fulfill one or more of the following functions:
- Creation / management of creation
- Curation and amplification
- Workflows and approvals
- IAM / ACL
Each of these features has a number of point solutions that will run you 10 –50 per month; when combined, it’s easy to see how the price tag for software just goes up and up.
What I use:
- I create my own content mostly using SEO tools – check out SEMrush as one of many
- I wrote my own curation tools because I was unhappy with what was on the market, but it’s powered by Feedly and Pocket
- I’ve used a number of tools for scheduling but really like Agorapulse now, especially since they finally added LinkedIn
- Most tools offer an enterprise edition for both workflows and IAM; software like Workfront does this well if you need heavy duty workflows and IAM
- Buffer, Hootsuite, and Agorapulse are great choices for publishing and basic monitoring, especially in bulk
- For analytics, Google Analytics is the gold standard for owned media content; most software provides some activity-based monitoring
Disclosure: some links are affiliate marketing links for which my company, Trust Insights, earns a small commission if you end up buying something.
Can’t see anything? Watch it on YouTube here.
Listen to the audio here:
- Got a question for You Ask, I’ll Answer? Submit it here!
- Subscribe to my weekly newsletter for more useful marketing tips.
- Find older episodes of You Ask, I Answer on my YouTube channel.
- Need help with your company’s data and analytics? Let me know!
What follows is an AI-generated transcript. The transcript may contain errors and is not a substitute for watching the video.