In this special edition of Do Something With Your Marketing, I interview sales expert Ian Altman about the second edition of his book, Same Side Selling. Same Side Selling teaches a different mindset for selling complex transactions: instead of thinking of the buyer as someone you have to win over, or someone you have to beat into submission, you think of the buyer as someone with a puzzle you both want to solve. You’re literally on the same side, trying to create maximum value for everyone.
Watch this 32-minute interview where I ask Ian what’s new in his book since the last edition, what new tools are available to help marketers and sales professionals, how same side selling impacts marketers, and much more. I learned a ton, including the four questions everyone should be asking in every sales meeting and the right way to ask them.
Can’t see anything? Watch it on YouTube here.
Listen to the audio here:
- Got a question for You Ask, I’ll Answer? Submit it here!
- Subscribe to my weekly newsletter for more useful marketing tips.
- Find older episodes of You Ask, I Answer on my YouTube channel.
- Need help with your company’s data and analytics? Let me know!
- Join my free Slack group for marketers interested in analytics!
What follows is an AI-generated transcript. The transcript may contain errors and is not a substitute for watching the video.