Paula asks, “What’s working in social media in 2018? What isn’t?”
In this video, learn the 3 things that aren’t working today and the more-than-half-dozen things that generate results in today’s social media marketing environment.
Let’s start with what isn’t:
– Broadcast only
– Unpaid only
– Automated only
What is working?
– Stronger points of view
– Somewhat unpleasantly, politics
– More broadly, a position or stance
– Algorithms favor engagement most
– Paid is an essential part, even if it’s just boosting posts
– Holistic approach across channels
– Source-level attribution analysis
– T-shaped media plan
Watch the video for full details:
Can’t see anything? Watch it on YouTube here.
Listen to the audio here:
- Got a question for You Ask, I’ll Answer? Submit it here!
- Subscribe to my weekly newsletter for more useful marketing tips.
- Find older episodes of You Ask, I Answer on my YouTube channel.
- Need help with your company’s data and analytics? Let me know!
What follows is an AI-generated transcript. The transcript may contain errors and is not a substitute for watching the video.