The king is dead!
Long live the king!
This cry from medieval times at first appears contradictory until you think about it:
The former king dies: the king is dead.
The new king ascends to the throne: long live the king!
The same is true of marketing techniques like link building. Old link building was:
- Send mass emails to webmasters, begging for links
- Spamming blog comments
- Making widgets with automatic links back
- Buying link placements
- Submitting crappy guest blog posts
- Auto-syndicating your content on thousands of low quality domains
Link building is dead! Google has even said so.
The new link building is:
- Writing content so good that journalists and publishers pick it up
- Connecting and building real relationships with influencers and journalists
- Creating tools that people want to share
- Guest posting for direct traffic, not links
- Buying no-follow ads to reinforce your content’s visibility
- Frequent social/email engagement with your audience, sharing your content and encouraging people to share with their audiences
Long live link building!
You might also enjoy:
- Cómo decide Google Analytics el seguimiento de atribuciones - Christopher S. Penn - Orador principal de ciencia de datos de marketing
- AI for Marketers, Third Edition, Available Now!
- Simple Is Not The Same as Easy
- Why Your Content Marketing Isn't Working
- Advanced Content Marketing Metrics: Reading Time, Part 1
Want to read more like this from Christopher Penn? Get updates here:
Get your copy of AI For Marketers