Yesterday, I got our ChromeCast in the mail (I ordered two, one for the PR agency and one for myself). Talk about an impressive little piece of hardware for marketers and sales professionals. You can read the general reviews of it all over the web, but here’s what I like about it specifically for sales and marketing.
1. Nearly instant setup. Unpack it, plug it in, follow the very simple desktop setup steps, and you’re live. It took less than 5 minutes from unboxing to going live.
2. ChromeCast can push anything in a Chrome browser window to a television.
Read that again, because it’s important. Chrome can push anything in a Chrome browser window to an HDMI equipped television. Forget about how useful this little device is for the average consumer. Consider what you can do with it as a marketer or sales professional.
Google Docs presentation? Done.
YouTube video demos? Done.
Spotify player or Stitcher radio of your podcast? Done.
Google Analytics Real Time dashboard? Done.
Social media monitoring center? Done.
Trade show booth display? Done.
What’s more, if you have your own portable WiFi point, then any prospect you visit that has an HDMI television in their conference room is suddenly fair game for you to pop this little gadget in and immediately begin publishing to it. Run any media you’ve got on your corporate website. Showcase PDFs (Chrome displays those natively) of your sales testimonials. Demo your software in a browser window. It’s a fantastic little tool that eliminates the need to lug around a heavy, bulky 20 foot HDMI cable as long as you’ve got WiFi point you can throw in a travel bag.
Should you get one? If you present a lot in locations where there’s an HDMI input available, or you’ve got a conference room that has an HDMI TV, absolutely yes.
You might also enjoy:
- Simple Is Not The Same as Easy
- The Power of Analogy in Marketing Communications
- B2B Email Marketers: Stop Blocking Personal Emails
- Branded Organic Search: The One PR Metric Almost No One Uses
- Google Analytics: A Content Marketing Engagement Test
Want to read more like this from Christopher Penn? Get updates here:
Get your copy of AI For Marketers