Deborah asks, “Are you using or scoping out a Customer Data Platform (CDP) with the intent to implement personalization? Which tools?”
Customer Data Platforms – CDPs – are something of a symptom of bad data management and governance at a company. If your data infrastructure and architecture is sound, you shouldn’t need a CDP. And if you need a CDP, you’re putting a bandage over the real problem. Fix the real problem – poor data management – as your main strategy. That said, if you’re looking to evaluate, take a look at Snowplow Analytics open source edition and Apache Unomi.
Can’t see anything? Watch it on YouTube here.
Listen to the audio here:
- Got a question for You Ask, I’ll Answer? Submit it here!
- Subscribe to my weekly newsletter for more useful marketing tips.
- Find older episodes of You Ask, I Answer on my YouTube channel.
- Need help with your company’s data and analytics? Let me know!
- Join my free Slack group for marketers interested in analytics!
What follows is an AI-generated transcript. The transcript may contain errors and is not a substitute for watching the video.