I’ve been working with much more video lately and had a question I needed an answer to – what microphones generate the best quality audio when I’m filming on my iPhone X? I had these microphones available to test:
- Wired headphones that come with the phone, the Earpods (Wired)
- David Clark HBT-30 headset (Bluetooth)
- Bose QC-35 Headset (Bluetooth)
- Ampridge mobile shotgun mic + Lightning connector (Wired)
- V-Moda mobile boom mic + Lightning connector (Wired)
Let’s listen in on the different mics to find the best one for video given the options. Obviously, there are a ton of different microphones we could test, but these are the ones on hand.
The V-Moda wins by a large margin. In many ways, this is no surprise; the microphone is more directed and closer; the only surprise was just how poor the mic quality is on the David Clark headset.
Disclosure: All links to Amazon in this post are affiliate links. I earn a small commission from purchases you make.
You might also enjoy:
- The Biggest Mistake in Marketing Data
- Best Practices for Public Speaking Pages
- Is Social Listening Useful?
- How to Set Your Public Speaking Fee
- Transformer les personnes, les processus et la technologie - Christopher S. Penn - Conférencier principal sur la science des données marketing
Want to read more like this from Christopher Penn? Get updates here:
Get your copy of AI For Marketers