I had the opportunity and privilege to speak to a roomful of corporate marketers recently with MarketingProfs on the topic of marketing analytics in an AMA-style forum. I was expecting lots of questions on overall analytics strategy, the future, etc. and what came through instead was a series of questions on the correctness of implementations. This points to a significant need at corporations for solid analytics governance, so that we don’t have to constantly re-do our work as data-driven marketers. Some additional thoughts:
Analytics as a strategic driver requires analytics governance, so we know who’s doing what. There’s no substitute for doing it well.
You might also enjoy:
- How To Determine Whether Something is a Trend
- Marketing Strategy Lessons from Archery
- Six Types of Marketing Demand Generation
- What Are Your Customers Telling You They Want?
- How to Connect with Audiences Through Content Marketing
Want to read more like this from Christopher Penn? Get updates here:
Get your copy of AI For Marketers