I had the pleasure of presenting recently to the Massachusetts Technology Leadership Council about building strong, large online communities. The discussion ranged from World of Warcraft gaming sites to Marketing Over Coffee to many others, and we reviewed the methods and skills needed to build and grow a community. Instead of using slides, I chose to present off of a mind map. Perhaps one day services like Prezi will allow mind map imports. In the meantime, if you’d like to see the “presentation”, click on the map image below for a full-size version.
While the “slide” may not be 100% intuitive, there’s enough on there to see a framework for successful community building.
You might also enjoy:
- Do What's Scarce For Marketing Success
- Transforming People, Process, and Technology
- How to Connect with Audiences Through Content Marketing
- Best Practices for Public Speaking Pages
- How To Determine Whether Something is a Trend
Want to read more like this from Christopher Penn? Get updates here:
Get your copy of AI For Marketers