Buying a martial arts black belt from Amazon does not bestow the skills of a martial artist on the buyer.
Hiring someone unqualified and giving them the title of CMO does not confer any skills the candidate didn’t already have.
Misnaming something to defy reality or take shortcuts never creates the results we want.
Take the one true path to mastery: do the hard work to acquire skills first.
Then let the world, the job market, or the customer name your mastery from the results you create.
You might also enjoy:
- Transforming People, Process, and Technology, Part 1
- How To Set Your Consulting Billing Rates and Fees
- Almost Timely: The 2020 Essays
- How To Start Your Public Speaking Career
- What is Ethics in Marketing?
Want to read more like this from Christopher Penn? Get updates here:
Get your copy of AI For Marketers