Buying a martial arts black belt from Amazon does not bestow the skills of a martial artist on the buyer.
Hiring someone unqualified and giving them the title of CMO does not confer any skills the candidate didn’t already have.
Misnaming something to defy reality or take shortcuts never creates the results we want.
Take the one true path to mastery: do the hard work to acquire skills first.
Then let the world, the job market, or the customer name your mastery from the results you create.
You might also enjoy:
- Branded Organic Search: The One PR Metric Almost No One Uses
- How to Think About Conversion Efficiency in Content Marketing
- Unsolicited "Embargoed" Press Releases Are Absurd
- AI for Marketers, Third Edition, Available Now!
- Best Practices for Public Speaking Pages
Want to read more like this from Christopher Penn? Get updates here:
Get your copy of AI For Marketers