Buying a martial arts black belt from Amazon does not bestow the skills of a martial artist on the buyer.
Hiring someone unqualified and giving them the title of CMO does not confer any skills the candidate didn't already have.
Misnaming something to defy reality or take shortcuts never creates the results we want.
Take the one true path to mastery: do the hard work to acquire skills first.
Then let the world, the job market, or the customer name your mastery from the results you create.
You might also enjoy:
- How To Set Your Consulting Billing Rates and Fees
- You Ask, I Answer: Quantifying Hallway Conversations?
- Best Practices for Public Speaking Pages
- How to Set Your Public Speaking Fee
- 2020 Rewind: Artificial Intelligence in Sales
Want to read more like this from Christopher Penn? Get updates here:
Get your copy of AI For Marketers