We’ve covered an enormous amount of ground in this guide. Let’s recap:
- Introducing the idea
- Developing a unique selling proposition
- Setting up a storefront
- Marketing strategy and tactics
- Website basics
- Social media basics with Pinterest
- Email marketing
That’s a lot to do, and each piece has supplementary reading. However, all of this is achievable; almost all of it can be done from your smartphone.
One expectation from part 1 I need to reiterate is that marketing and growing a business takes time. It’s highly unlikely that you’ll open your doors and be an instant success; while such fairy tale stories do rarely happen, they’re extremely uncommon.
When you read about marketing on the Internet, almost everyone has an opinion of the right way it should be done. Like any discipline, practice, or craft, marketing takes time to practice and learn. This guide isn’t for the experienced adult professional marketing expert who’s trying all the new shiny objects as they roll out. This guide is for that adult’s kids.
In the same way it would be highly irresponsible to enroll a child who’s never done martial arts in a black belt class instead of a white belt class, it would be highly irresponsible for a professional marketer to overload their kids with every possible marketing tool, tactic, and strategy. Master the basics first! (a lesson many adult marketers should heed as well)
Thank you for reading and sharing this series! I wish you all success in your marketing and business ideas.
Marketing can be a lot of fun; it’s the ride that never ends. Thanks for spending some time with me on it.
You might also enjoy:
- How to Measure the Marketing Impact of Public Speaking
- Almost Timely News, 17 October 2021: Content Creation Hacks, Vanity Metrics, NFTs
- Understand the Meaning of Metrics
- You Ask, I Answer: Google Tag Manager and Google Analytics Integration?
- Marketing Data Science: Introduction to Data Blending
Want to read more like this from Christopher Penn? Get updates here:
Get your copy of AI For Marketers