One of the handiest things that affiliate programs like Amazon do is summarize what people have been ordering – not just from the links you share, but from anything they buy on Amazon during that same shopping trip. As a result, you get a terrific list of what people are reading with your affiliate marketing reports, which I’m happy to share here as a tongue-in-cheek “bestseller” list.
This list is for the first quarter of 2012. It’s interesting and telling to note that in terms of items bought, there were a total of 15 paper books bought and 37 Kindle eBooks. Obviously, there’s a bit of skew in that data, since my Marketing White Belt book is one of the items I share most heavily, but even if you remove mine, you still have 20 eBooks sold to 15 paper ones for the quarter.
The other oddity I noticed is that all the paper books are marketing books only, while there’s plenty of non-marketing and fiction in the eBooks order list. I’m not sure why that is, other than maybe people do more impulse shopping for eBooks?
- The Q1 2012 #1 bestseller in books: Content Rules: How to Create Killer Blogs, Podcasts, Videos, Ebooks, Webinars (and More) That Engage Customers and Ignite Your Business (New Rules Soc
- Achieving Success Through Social Capital: Tapping Hidden Resources in Your Personal and Business Networks
- Influence: Science and Practice (5th Edition)
- Join the Conversation: How to Engage Marketing-Weary Consumers with the Power of Community, Dialogue, and Partnership
- Made to Stick: Why Some Ideas Survive and Others Die
- Meatball Sundae: Is Your Marketing out of Sync?
- Six Pixels of Separation: Everyone Is Connected. Connect Your Business to Everyone.
- The New Rules of Marketing & PR: How to Use Social Media, Online Video, Mobile Applications, Blogs, News Releases, and Viral Marketing to Reach Buyers
- Tribes: We Need You to Lead Us
- Web Analytics: An Hour a Day
- The Q1 2012 #1 bestseller in eBooks: Marketing White Belt: Basics For the Digital Marketer
- Feed Your Face: Younger, Smoother Skin and a Beautiful Body in 28 Delicious Days
- From Audience to Evangelist: Changing Your Lifecycle Email Marketing Game
- God’s Lions – House of Acerbi
- Gray Justice
- How I Sold 1 Million eBooks in 5 Months!
- Poemcrazy: Freeing Your Life with Words
- Rocket Surgery Made Easy: The Do-It-Yourself Guide to Finding and Fixing Usability Problems, ePub
- Sweetheart in High Heels (High Heels Mysteries)
- The Dig
- The Kensei: A Lawson Vampire Novel
- The Masada Protocol
- The Ripper: A Lawson Vampire Novel 6 (The Lawson Vampire Series)
- The Templar Agenda
- Writing for emotional impact : advanced dramatic techniques to attract, engage, and fascinate the reader from beginning to end
Obvious disclosure: 100% affiliate links.
You might also enjoy:
- How I Think About NFTs
- How To Set Your Consulting Billing Rates and Fees
- The Basic Truth of Mental Health
- Understand the Meaning of Metrics
- What Content Marketing Analytics Really Measures
Want to read more like this from Christopher Penn? Get updates here:
Get your copy of AI For Marketers