Backing up your WordPress blog takes less than 60 seconds and will save you hours of heartache later if something goes wrong. Back up frequently, at least once every few posts so that you don’t lose them or the comments your readers have left. Start by installing the free BackWPUp plugin from the WordPress codex.
Now go to BackWPUp -> Add News.
Click to see this full size.
This plugin is handy because it backs up both the database and your uploaded files, and you can specify a target like DropBox or Amazon S3 to store your backup files.
Other blog platforms should be just as easy. If you’ve ever lost a blog, you know how much of it – especially comments – is unrecoverable and permanently lost.
You might also enjoy:
- The Basic Truth of Mental Health
- Marketing Data Science: Introduction to Data Blending
- Transformer les personnes, les processus et la technologie - Christopher S. Penn - Conférencier principal sur la science des données marketing
- B2B Email Marketers: Stop Blocking Personal Emails
- Is Social Listening Useful?
Want to read more like this from Christopher Penn? Get updates here:
Get your copy of AI For Marketers