Backing up your WordPress blog takes less than 60 seconds and will save you hours of heartache later if something goes wrong. Back up frequently, at least once every few posts so that you don’t lose them or the comments your readers have left. Start by installing the free BackWPUp plugin from the WordPress codex.
Now go to BackWPUp -> Add News.
Click to see this full size.
This plugin is handy because it backs up both the database and your uploaded files, and you can specify a target like DropBox or Amazon S3 to store your backup files.
Other blog platforms should be just as easy. If you’ve ever lost a blog, you know how much of it – especially comments – is unrecoverable and permanently lost.
You might also enjoy:
- How to Set Your Public Speaking Fee
- Best Practices for Public Speaking Pages
- The Evolution of the Data-Driven Company
- How To Set Your Consulting Billing Rates and Fees
- Transforming People, Process, and Technology, Part 1
Want to read more like this from Christopher Penn? Get updates here:
Get your copy of AI For Marketers