Misha asks, “Do you think it’s easier or harder to build a strong personal brand now than 10 years ago?”
It’s different but the principles are still the same. On social media, mainstream social media now requires ad spend whereas 10 years ago it didn’t, but tons of niche social networks still provide the same opportunity. SEO is somewhat more competitive but actually values domain expertise now. Measurement is much easier.
The big question that has remained consistent is: what value do you offer that others need?
Kevin Kelly from Wired described in 2008 what it takes to be successful – 1000 true fans. That’s a great benchmark for your personal brand. Who can you get to show up?
Can’t see anything? Watch it on YouTube here.
Listen to the audio here:
- Got a question for You Ask, I’ll Answer? Submit it here!
- Subscribe to my weekly newsletter for more useful marketing tips.
- Find older episodes of You Ask, I Answer on my YouTube channel.
- Need help with your company’s data and analytics? Let me know!
- Join my free Slack group for marketers interested in analytics!
What follows is an AI-generated transcript. The transcript may contain errors and is not a substitute for watching the video.