This is a fascinating TED talk (albeit an older one) in which Dr. Jill Taylor describes the process of what happens during a stroke, from the inside of her mind. What’s especially compelling is that much of what she talks about in terms of the loss of identity and the blending of self with the world is an intended goal for things like meditation. At the highest levels, the distinction between you, the person, and the world around you fades and you perceive yourself to be part of the whole of the reality around you. This in turn enables a greater capacity for compassion, because the world around you is part of you, and what you do to heal or harm the world also heals or harms you. Give the talk a watch.
You might also enjoy:
- How to Start Your Public Speaking Career
- What Are Your Customers Telling You They Want?
- How to Measure the Marketing Impact of Public Speaking
- Four Requirements of Great Marketing Data Visualization
- Solicited Review: Content Inc. Second Edition
Want to read more like this from Christopher Penn? Get updates here:
Get your copy of AI For Marketers