I had initially kept this set of thoughts private but so many people found it helpful that I’m publishing it in the hopes it continues to do more good.
The second hardest moment after the attacks at the Marathon for me, after finding out that friends, family, and colleagues were safe and unharmed, was answering the question “Why?” when my kid asked me. Why would someone want to do this? How do you explain this?
The answer I came up with made sense at the time and still does. Good and evil exist in a balance in this world. Evil will never go away because that’s the way it’s supposed to be.
Evil exists to wake us up, to shake away everything unimportant, and to help us find the true heroes around us and inside of us. And perhaps, I said, to find that hero inside yourself when the time comes.
Only in darkness can we see our inner light.
You might also enjoy:
- Advanced Content Marketing Metrics: Reading Time, Part 1
- Best Practices for Public Speaking Pages
- You Ask, I Answer: Best Language for Marketing Data Science, R or Python?
- Why Your Content Marketing Isn't Working
- What Is The Difference Between Analysis and Insight?
Want to read more like this from Christopher Penn? Get updates here:
Get your copy of AI For Marketers