I watched a young girl in the park tonight try to ride her bike. It was clear that she was having trouble getting started, afraid to fall, afraid to get hurt. Stop, start. Stop, start. Cry a little. Worry. After about seven tries, she set resolve, bit her lip, put both feet on the pedals, and soared.
She beat her fear. It was still there, but she kept going, kept trying, and endured it to set herself free, hair blowing in the wind as she pedaled past everyone.
Would that we all had her courage, not to be fearless, but to know we can beat our fears and fear less. When we can, when we do, we soar as well.
You might also enjoy:
- The Biggest Mistake in Marketing Data
- What Is The Difference Between Analysis and Insight?
- How to Set Your Public Speaking Fee
- Understand the Meaning of Metrics
- Almost Timely News, 17 October 2021: Content Creation Hacks, Vanity Metrics, NFTs
Want to read more like this from Christopher Penn? Get updates here:
Get your copy of AI For Marketers