Yesterday we traded in our 2001 Hyundai Elantra for a new blue Prius. Very nice car, lots of goodies. A few things I’ve learned so far:
- Coasting generates the most power. Regenerative braking is a bit of a misnomer – as long as the car is moving and you’re not actively accelerating quickly, the car’s generating power.
- Handles about as well as any 4 wheel, 4 cylinder sedan. Fine for me, probably would irritate performance-minded street racers.
- Lots of little hidden spaces all over – extra trunk well, dual glove compartment and much more. Very nice for hiding things.
- The aux input is a standard headphone jack – podcasting in my car!
- Podcast producers – be sure if you put your shows on CD in MP3 format that you use ID3 tags – the onboard display reads ID3 tags and displays them on the console.