“If you need a marketing keynote speaker, you better call Christopher Penn.” – Jerry Acuff, CEO & Sales Leader
Conference audiences demand more value than ever. Big ideas are great, but what really energizes a crowd, what really awakens them is when they leave the room saying, “I can’t wait to try that out as soon as I get back!”
As your keynote speaker, that’s where I help you. Your audience will walk away with brains full of practical, pragmatic, immediately usable advice, ideas, and information. Your event will leave a lasting impression on attendees, powering great word of mouth and helping make your event a part of everyone’s short list of must-attend shows.
Where I’ve Spoken
Watch one of my keynote speeches!
Book me to speak at your event!
Book Chris to Speak!
Please complete this speaking form and one of my team members will be in touch shortly.
Marketing Speaking Resources
Marketing Keynotes for Your Event
- Data Science for Marketers: Data science is the hottest thing since sliced bread. LinkedIn has indicated that open job positions for data scientists is up a whopping 11,500% year over year. Yet many marketers feel like data science is an unreachable, mystical discipline shrouded in mystery. I’ll give your audience a tour of what marketing data science is, how it relates to marketing analytics, and practical tips for using popular data science techniques to make your marketing insights more valuable. You’ll learn: the difference between marketing analytics, data science, and AI, the four key attributes of a data scientist, how to draw more insights out of any dataset, including a simple export from Google Analytics, and how to get started on professional development if you want to pursue data science as a career option
- Social Media ROI: The one thing every executive says they want, but few understand what it is they’re actually asking for – yet every social media marketer dreads. Your audience will learn what social media ROI is and isn’t and how it differs from metrics like return on ad spend, the state of social media ROI today, popular ways of measuring it and the best practices and most sophisticated methods for measuring ROI, and when ROI is the wrong KPI
- 5 Practical Applications of AI for Business: Artificial intelligence and machine learning are the buzzwords on every business executive’s mind, but what exactly is AI? In this keynote address, learn what AI is and isn’t, how to think about its application to your business, 5 practical applications of AI (with examples), how to prepare your business for AI, how to prepare your career for AI, and how to start your AI journey.
- Building the Data-Driven Customer Journey: Learn why customer journeys are broken, what a data-driven digital customer journey is, and how to use marketing data you already have to understand how your audience purchases from you, then prioritize and build a digital marketing plan driven by analytics and insights, not guesswork.
- Data-Driven Competitive Social Media Strategy: Sometimes, just doing your own thing can leave you uninspired. Other times, you face competitors who seem to be doing everything right. How can you adapt your social media marketing strategy to out-think competitors and win in the ever-increasingly challenging social media landscape? In this talk, Trust Insights Chief Data Scientist Christopher Penn will teach you how to use competitive data to craft an effective social media strategy. Find out what competitors are doing, analyze their data for insights, and build strategy from it.
- Predictive Analytics for Marketers: Learn why machine learning is powering the new marketing calendar, what predictive analytics can and can’t do, and how to start using predictive analytics with the data you already have.
- Data Zero to Marketing Hero: What does marketing success look like? Do you know what your key performance indicators truly are? In this keynote, you’ll learn a seven-part measurement strategy and framework that will help you ask the right questions of your marketing team and agencies. You’ll learn what’s important, what’s not, and how to measure your marketing with an eye on bottom-line impact—with tools you probably already have.
Cut and Paste Biographies for Event Planners
Christopher Penn (@cspenn): Co-founder @TrustInsights, ninja, PodCamp cofounder, Marketing Over Coffee cohost, speaker, author, IBM & Google certified pro.
Christopher S. Penn is an authority on analytics, digital marketing, marketing technology, data science, and machine learning. A recognized thought leader, best-selling author, and keynote speaker, he has shaped five key fields in the marketing industry: Google Analytics adoption, data-driven marketing and PR, modern email marketing, marketing data science, and artificial intelligence/machine learning in marketing. As co-founder and Chief Data Scientist of Trust Insights, he is responsible for the creation of products and services, creation and maintenance of all code and intellectual property, technology and marketing strategy, brand awareness, and research & development.
Mr. Penn is a 2021, four-time IBM Champion in IBM Analytics, a Brand24 Top 100 Digital Marketer, an Onalytica Top 100 AI in Marketing influencer, and co-host of the award-winning Marketing Over Coffee marketing podcast. Prior to co-founding Trust Insights, he built the marketing for a series of startups with a 100% successful exit rate in the financial services, SaaS software, and public relations industries. His work has served brands such as Twitter, T-Mobile, Citrix Systems, GoDaddy, AAA, McDonald’s, and many others.
Mr. Penn is an IBM Watson Machine Learning Certified Professional, a Google Analytics Certified Professional, a Google Ads Certified Professional, a Google Digital Sales Certified Professional, and a Hubspot Inbound Certified Professional. He is the author of over two dozen marketing books including bestsellers such as AI for Marketers: A Primer and Introduction, Marketing White Belt: Basics for the Digital Marketer, Marketing Red Belt: Connecting With Your Creative Mind, and Marketing Blue Belt: From Data Zero to Marketing Hero, and Leading Innovation.
Past Audience Testimonials
Nice things people have said during my talks (and could say during your conference, too):
“Christopher Penn’s session was extremely well received and most wanted much more of his time. He has a keen sense of humour and is generous with the information he shares. It’s a pleasure to highly recommend him as a speaker and educator and good luck getting his time! He’s one of the most responsive professionals I’ve ever met and is distinctly humble – what a rare combination. So many could learn from his example. Bravo!” – Claire Mills, PMP, CEPSM
“Chris will melt your brain. It’s just that simple. He understands how online marketing works but more importantly he knows how to make it work for you. Smart, clear and insightful.” – Mitch Joel, President, Twist Image
“I am consistently impressed with Christopher’s grasp of online marketing trends… he has a very solid grasp on effective interactive marketing techniques and is able to bring the uber-techie talk right down to the ground level.” – Scott Monty, Global Digital Communications Manager, Ford Motor Company
“If you wanted top quality delivery, professional production, and something that would sell FOR you, I’d hire Chris in an instant. He’s professional, reliable, a leader, and very personable.” – Chris Brogan, President, Owner Magazine
“Christopher’s presentations had absolutely no fat. They were rigorously prepared and filled with truly useful information. He shared his best tips freely and generously, replete with easy-to-follow descriptions, examples and instructions. It was clear he valued the attendees’ time and so did not waste a minute of it. Definitely worthwhile.” – Irene Duma, President, Strange Duck Media
Past Speaking Engagements
- MarketingProfs B2B Forum 2019
- MarTech East 2019
- Content Marketing World 2019
- InfoShare 2019
- ContentTech Summit 2019
- Recruitment and Retention 2019
- IBM THINK 2019
- Content Marketing World 2018
- Social Media Marketing World 2018
- Social Media Dallas
- MarTech SF 2017
- Social Media Marketing World 2017
- Marketing Innovation Summit
- Inbound 2016
- IBM World of Watson
- MarketingProfs B2B Forum 2016
- Digital Masterminds Group
- Digital Customer Experience Summit
- Social Media Marketing World 2016
- Social Tools Summit
- MarTech 2016
- Inbound 2015
- FutureM 2015
- Cultivate and Connect
- Social Media Marketing World 2015
- PR News Google Conference 2015
- Masters of the New MarCom
- Inbound 2014
- FutureM 2014
- Salesforce.com Dreamforce 2012